Sunday, June 6, 2010

REAPER “Eternal Damage” ( Empayar Musick Production) – Malaysia


Beno, their guitarist gave me this cd and force me to buy their shirt ( fark you Beno!) during their show with Warbringer (US) last month. And from that day, I kept this cd in my drawer cause I haven’t got a free time to listen to it. So, today I woke up early in the morning, having my delicious fried rice and hot coffee for breakfast. I put this cd in my system and pump up the volume!

I knew Reaper since 2006, I remember Syed ( Devastator) used to spinned their demo tape in our house back in time. And they’re just a bunch kids with lots of potential. Like what Syed always told me.

This is another quality productions from Jim Moris ( hahaha! Kidding!) Mokhtarizal of ISEEKMUSIC Studio. I glad to hear, finally we have this guy who understand what he was doing and produced great music all the time.

Beno is a greedy thrasher making profit out of us!

This is without any doubt, one of the best Thrash Metal album from Malaysia. Good and technical arrangements, massive sound productions, and tremendous improvement in musicianship. For a band that grown up listening and playing METALLICA, SLAYER, KREATOR, DESTRUCTION, as their appetite, Reaper is good in combining all those styles. Anyway, to me I senses lots of SLAYERish riffs in the cd. Good vocals too! My favorite track is absolutely “ Inside Ravine”. But the front cover artwork is something I dislikes. As I’m also illustrator, I must say that I’m not into that styles.

Did you remember Ghostbuster cartoons from the early 90’s? As bonus, Reaper also covers the theme song in their thrashy way ( yeah! I’m afraid no ghost!). Contact them:

Azril, No.12 Jalan Kajang Jaya, Tmn Kajang Jaya, 43000 Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia
reaperthrash@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment