Tuesday, January 24, 2012

JOHNNY CASH “Ain’t No Grave” (AMERICAN RECORDING) - ARKANSAS



It’s hard for me to write in detail about “Ain’t No Grave” in English. This is something I wouldn’t believe myself I would love it. This is absolutely an anthem of a dying man, ready to meet his creator. Johnny Cash died in 2003, is a legend some said he was a Satanist, while some said he is devoted Christian? I don’t know the truth, but he was known as ‘Man In Black’ and his voice in this album give me a great peace of mind.

“Ain’t No Grave” is a gloomy acoustic, dark country, downbeat and anti-percussion. Cash’s thick voice without any FX and crystal clear recording make this cd become a perfect tranquilizer to my soul.


Rick Rubin, American Recording owner is the producer for Cash’s album over the past decade. His label is also the home for SLAYER, DANZIG, BLACK CROWES, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, etc. Cash surprises people when he befriend with the Satanist Glenn Danzig, ( MISFITS’s founder) Johnny Cash's album "American Recordings" contains the song "Thirteen" written by Glenn Danzig. The song "Unchained" from Johnny Cash's album "Unchained" is also written by Glenn. 

For those whom asking, who is the child on the cover? It is Johnny Cash photo taken from his family archive. 

I consider this is the most valuable cd I got from Speedy Video store during Chinese New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment